Canelo Alvarez is scheduled to defend his undisputed 168-pound championship in opposition to Jermell Charlo on pay-per-view Saturday at T-Cell Area in Las Vegas.
CANELO ALVAREZ (59-2-2, 39 KOs)
VS. JERMELL CHARLO (35-1-1, 19 KOs)
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 30
- Time: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (predominant occasion later in present)
- The place: T-Cell Area, Las Vegas
- TV/Stream: Pay-per-view
- Division: Tremendous middleweight (168 kilos)
- At stake: Alvarez’s IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO titles
- Odds: Alvarez 3½-1 favourite (common of a number of retailers)
- Pound-for-pound: Alvarez No. 7, Charlo No. 8
- Additionally on the cardboard: Jesus Ramos Jr. vs. Erickson Lubin, junior middleweights; Yordenis Ugas vs. Mario Barrios, welterweights; Elijah Garcia vs. Armando Resendiz, middleweights; Frank Sanchez vs. Scott Alexander, heavyweights
- Prediction: Alvarez KO 10
- Background: Alvarez is preventing to stay on the pinnacle of the game. The previous high pound-for-pounder has seemed weak in his final three fights, a loss to 175-pound king Dmitry Bivol in Might of final yr and uninspiring selections over Gennadiy Golovkin final September and John Ryder this previous Might. Many consider the 33-year-old Mexican star is in decline after 18 years as an expert. He says accidents – together with one to his left wrist that required surgical procedure – performed a task in his sub-par performances and he guarantees to look higher in opposition to Charlo now that he’s wholesome. He’s 6-0 (3 KOs) in 168-pound title fights. Charlo, the undisputed 154-pound champion, is shifting up two divisions for the combat. The 33-year-old from Houston has did not win twice, a choice in opposition to Tony Harrison and draw with Brian Castano. He avenged each disappointments in one-sided rematches, stopping each rivals. The second Castano fight – his most up-to-date outing – came about in Might of final yr, which means Charlo can have been out of the ring for greater than 17 months. He would turn into a high determine within the sport with an upset victory.