After many twists and turns over the previous few months, one man who seems to turn into a middleweight title contender steps again into the ring on Saturday evening.
In El Paso, Texas for WBO Junior Middleweight champ Jaime Munguia prepares to fulfill Kamil Szeremeta in an enormous struggle. Munguia was initially purported to struggle in April in opposition to Maciej Sulecki, however Sulecki pulled out. One other fighter, D’Mitrius Ballard signed on to interchange him, however Ballard suffered an harm main as much as the struggle. Sulecki then re-signed on for Saturday, however withdrew once more, resulting in Szeremeta stepping in.
Munguia enters the principle occasion undefeated in all 36 professional bouts, 29 of which got here by means of knockout, however has not fought since October of final yr. Many suppose he’s a unanimous favourite within the struggle, as Szeremeta appears to be punching above his weight class, no pun supposed. Szeremeta has a 21-1 report, with 5 knockouts, however is coming off his first loss, a seven-round TKO by the hands of IBF 160lb champion Gennadiy Golovkin.
MUNGUIA VS. SZEREMETA
WHEN: Saturday, June 19
TIME: 3:30 p.m. ET (principal occasion approx. 6 p.m. ET)
WHERE: Don Haskins Middle (El Paso, Texas)
- Jaime Munguia vs. Kamil Szeremeta; Middleweight
- Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Gabriel Rosado; Tremendous Middleweight
- Ibeth Zamora vs. Marlen Esparza for Zamora’s WBC girls’s flyweight title
- Blair Cobbs vs. Brad Soloman; Welterweight
- Raul Curiel vs. Ferdinand Keroyban; Welterweight
- Alexis Rocha vs. James Bacon; Welterweight
- Manuel Flores vs. Daniel Lozano; Junior Featherweight
- Tristan Kalkreuth vs. Demetrius Banks; Cruiserweight
- Gregory Morales vs. TBA; Junior Featherweight